Students are responsible for dropping their classes; classes are not dropped automatically for non-attendance. A student may drop a class by using MyWeb.sjeccd.edu, or in-person at the Office of Admissions and Records. The following rules apply to dropping a class:
- No “W” (Withdrawal) symbol or record of the course will occur on the student’s permanent record if the student drops by the deadline to drop without a W grade. Please refer to the Academic Calendar for specific deadlines.
- A “W” (Withdrawal) symbol will be assigned if the student drops the course on or after the deadline to drop with a W grade.
- Students must receive an evaluative grade (A-F; FW; P/NP) if they do not drop by the deadlines above.
- Students may be granted a “W” (Withdrawal) symbol when withdrawal is granted due to extenuating circumstances. “Extenuating circumstances” are defined as verifiable cases of accidents, illness, or other circumstances beyond the students’ control.
- Students are responsible for all associated fees for classes they do not officially drop by the established deadline.
NOTE: Instructors may drop students for attendance related reasons. See information on attendance in Chapter 6.