Art - Studio Practice 2D - Associate in Science
The Art and Design program offers an Associate in Science Degree. If the student desires to transfer, he/she may seek a Bachelor’s degree in Art, Art and Design, or Fine Arts. The Associate degree program at Evergreen Valley College offers lower division course work for students transferring into four-year programs in Design, General Studio Practice, History or Art Education. Students must complete each major course and major elective course with a grade of ‘C’ or better to be awarded the degree.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Describe and analyze works of art and design using vocabulary specific to the visual arts.
- Demonstrate technical proficiency in handling various art and design materials, such as cutting tools, pasting options, duplicating processes, various drawing and painting media, presentation materials and the health and safety standards related to these materials.
- Demonstrate technical skills in drawing, including drawing naturalistically from the observed world, drawing from the imagination, and applying systems of linear perspective.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the elements and principles of art and design and the dynamics of composition.
- Formulate works of art and design culling from various visual resources.
- Demonstrate proficiency in critical thinking, problems solving, group interaction, and self-discipline to create works of art and design.
- Analyze how form affects content in works of art and implement design changes to their own work to strengthen this relationship.
- Evaluate their work and the work of others in terms of how art and design are a reflection of what we value, personally, socially and culturally.
|ART 012||Two Dimensional Design||3|
|ART 013||Three Dimensional Design||3|
|ART 014||Color Theory||3|
|ART 024||Beginning Drawing||3|
|ART 025||Expressive Drawing||3|
|ART 026A||Representational Drawing||3|
|ART 055A||Life Drawing I||3|
|ART 076A||Art and Design Portfolio Preparation||3|
|ART 091||Survey of Art History: Prehistoric Through Gothic||3|
|ART 092||Survey of Art History: Renaissance to the Present||3|
|Select 6 units from the following:||6|
|Graphic Design I|
|Introduction to Digital Video|
|Beginning Sculpture I|
|Life Drawing II|
|General Education Requirements||21|