Automotive Foundational Skills - Certificate of Specialization
The Automotive Certificate of Specialization is designed to prepare students for entry-level employment in the automotive field as a maintenance technician. The courses in this certificate program will introduce students to the tools and equipment used for routine inspection, light repair, and scheduled maintenance work, as well as demonstrate proficiency for the non-technical work skills for entry-level employment. Students will also study the relationships of the Auto industry and the opportunities it presents. Students must complete each course with a “C” grade or better to be awarded the certificate. Completed course will appear on the student's transcripts. However, the Certification of Specialization will only appear on documents obtained directly through the Automotive department.
- Demonstrate knowledge of theory and operation of various automotive systems found in gasoline combustion vehicles.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify the basic components used in various automotive systems found in gasoline combustion vehicles.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform inspections on the basic automotive systems found in gasoline combustion vehicles.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform maintenance tasks in accordance with proper procedure.
- Demonstrate the ability to properly document service/repair information documents, to insure customer satisfaction.