Medical Assistant - Front Office - Certificate of Achievement
The Medical Assistant-Front Office certificate program requires a total of 22 units. Students will learn medical terminology, coding, and billing. Courses in communications, technology, and business are also part of the program. An internship is included to provide practical experience in the healthcare environment. After completion of the program, students can apply for positions such as, medical biller, patient specialist, or office assistant.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Apply for employment as a Medical Office Assistant or an Office Assistant.
- Secure an entry-level position in an office environment.
- Manage the front office in the healthcare environment.
- Handle scheduling appointments.
- Read, interpret, and produce medical documents.
- Process insurance forms and claims.
- Handle patient concerns.
- Handle patients’ accounts using a medical billing application.
|ACCTG 101||Bookkeeping for Small Business||3|
|BIS 007||Business Writing Skills||3|
|BIS 012||Business Document Production||2|
|BIS 016||Medical Front Office Skills||2|
|BIS 017||Medical Terminology||1|
|BIS 102||Microsoft Excel||3|
|BIS 135||Human Relations in the Workplace||3|
|BIS 138||Work Experience||2|
|BIS 160||Computerized Medical Billing||2|
|or BIS 162||Medical Coding|
|BIS 161||Computerized Medical Office Procedures||1|