Patient Community Navigator - Certificate of Specialization
The Certificate in Patient Community Navigator is designed to train individuals to deal with patients in a healthcare environment or clinical setting. The objective of the patient navigator is to communicate effectively in a variety of situations, so they can help patients and their families obtain the health care services they need in an efficient manner. Patient Navigators help patients overcome the barriers that keep them from getting timely care. Students will learn to handle healthcare issues that patients encounter. The Patient Navigator will use professionalism and motivational interviewing skills to clarify and communicate the needs of the patients.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate effective written and oral communication necessary for patient navigation.
- Interpret and explain medical forms to assist patients with understanding the forms.
- Interpret and clarify healthcare issues in order to help patients make informed decisions.
- Assist patients with challenging healthcare processes.
- Apply the practices of a patient community navigator in a healthcare environment.
|BIS 007||Business Writing Skills||3|
|BIS 017||Medical Terminology||1|
|BIS 135||Human Relations in the Workplace||3|
|BIS 160||Computerized Medical Billing||2|
|FCS 138||Work Experience||2|
|Blueprint for Success|
|Introduction to Ethnic Studies|
|Personal Growth and Adjustment|