Business Administration - Associate in Science for Transfer
This program provides students with the knowledge, both in practice and theory, to complete the lower division requirements and prepare them to transfer to a four-year institution and to earn a Bachelor’s Degree. The degree is intended for students who plan to complete a bachelor's degree in a similar major at a CSU campus. Students completing this degree are guaranteed admission to the CSU system, but not to a particular campus or major. Included in the curriculum are core courses in accounting, economics, business law, and mathematics. The student will learn to analyze data and problems related to businesses and use the basic analytic business tools to find solutions.
Students who complete the AS-T in Business Administration must have the following:
- Completion of 60 CSU transferable semester units
- A minimum of at least 2.0 GPA in CSU transferable courses (note that a higher GPA may be required in some institutions)
- Completion of at least 18 units in the major with a grade of “C” or better
- Certified completion of the CSU General Education-Breadth (CSU GE-Breadth) requirements, or completion of the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) requirements
Please Note: No more than 60 semester units are required for this degree and no additional requirements will be imposed by Evergreen Valley College.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Solve business problems through statistical analysis.
- Utilize current business theories to manage staff in a successful manner.
- Use various motivational theories to improve productivity.
- Demonstrate knowledge of organizational structure and behavior, and ethical responsibilities of corporations.
- Demonstrate knowledge of management, marketing, finance and accounting, operations and information systems.
|ACCTG 001A||Principles of Financial Accounting||4|
|ACCTG 001B||Managerial Accounting||4|
|ECON 010A||Principles of Macroeconomic Theory||3|
|ECON 010B||Introduction to Microeconomic Theory||3|
|BUS 071||Legal Environment of Business||3|
|List A: Select one of the following:||3|
|Fundamentals of Business Statistics|
|Calculus for Business and Social Science|
|List B: Select two of the following:||6|
Any course from List A not already taken
|Computer and Information Technology|
|Introduction to Business|
|Transferable Electives (as needed to reach 60 units)||4-6|
|CSU GE Breadth or IGETC for CSU 1||37-39|
Some GE courses may be double-counted within the major and will reduce the number of units. General electives may be needed to reach 60 units. Please consult with a counselor to determine which courses are applicable.