Entrepreneurship - Certificate of Achievement
The Entrepreneurship Program will offer students the opportunity to develop the skills necessary to start and operate a business in an urban environment. This program will acquaint students with an array of business models that can be used for new start-ups, as well as acquaint them with how to acquire the resources they will need to succeed in the form of a sole proprietorship, partnership, or corporate entity. Certificates will be awarded to those who complete all of the units with a ‘C’ or better.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Define the roles of entrepreneurs and small business in today's economy.
- Analyze and address the problems in buying or starting a new business.
- Develop a business plan.
- Demonstrate the ability to start a new business.
- Execute business feasibility study.
- Make critical business decisions in a timely manner.
- Work collaboratively with potential business partners.
- Identify the crucial factors impacting a business environment.
- Analyze a balance statement, income statement, and bank statements.
- Identify the various sources of funding to start a new business.
|ACCTG 101||Bookkeeping for Small Business||3|
|BIS 101||Global Communication in the Workplace||3|
|BUS 004||Business Plan Development||3|
|BUS 006||Introduction to Small Business Management||3|
|BUS 009||Introduction to Entrepreneurship||3|
|BUS 082||Introduction to Business||3|
|BUS 084||Introduction to Marketing Principles||3|
|LA 042||Corporate and Partnership Law||3|
|3 units from the following:|
|BIS 104||Microsoft Access||3|
|BIS 109||Microsoft Office||3|
|BIS 135||Human Relations in the Workplace||3|
|BIS 138||Work Experience||1-8|