Automotive Foundational Skills – Certificate of Achievement
The Automotive Certificate of Achievement is designed to prepare students for entry level employment in the automotive field as a light line or express service technician. The courses in this certificate program will introduce students to the tools and equipment used for repair and diagnostic work, as well as demonstrate how procedures for troubleshooting electrical and mechanical problems should be carried out. Students will also study the relationships of the Auto industry and the opportunities it presents. Students must complete each course with a “C” grade or better to be awarded the certificate.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate knowledge of theory and operation of various automotive systems found in gasoline combustion vehicles.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify the basic components used in various automotive systems found in gasoline combustion vehicles.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform inspections on the basic automotive systems found in gasoline combustion vehicles.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform maintenance tasks in accordance with proper procedure.
- Demonstrate the ability to properly document service/repair information documents, to insure customer satisfaction.