Board Policy 3570
To enforce smoking and tobacco control regulations and procedures, the District Chancellor is authorized to:
- Set enforcement standards for all District sites and campuses;
- Impose a fine for a first, second, and third offense and for each subsequent offense. The amount of fines is to be determined by the Board of Trustees, cannot exceed one hundred dollars ($100). Funds shall be allocated to include, but not be limited to, the designated enforcement agency, education and promotion of the policy, and tobacco cessation treatment options.
- Direct that the District post signs stating its tobacco use policy on campus, as follows:
- the locations at which smoking or tobacco use is prohibited on campus
- the locations at which smoking or tobacco use is permitted on campus
- Inform employees and students of the tobacco use policy and enforcement measures
Administrative Procedure 3570
Evergreen Valley College prohibits smoking on campus except in designated areas.
Tobacco products, including cigarettes, cigars, little cigars, chewing tobacco, pipe tobacco, snuff, and an electronic device that delivers nicotine or other vaporized liquids to a person inhaling from the device (e.g., e-cigararettes and vaporizers) may not be used within 250 feet of a youth sports event. A youth sports event is any practice, game, or related activity organized by any entity at which athletes up to 18 years of age are present.