Campus Tutoring Program
Tutorial services are provided to students by qualified student tutors in various academic areas. Tutors support the students’ regular instructional programs through individual and small-group drop-in tutoring. Tutoring is provided on a drop-in basis. Tutoring resources have been established to provide support, motivation, and encouragement for students. To receive tutoring services, a student must register for an II 210 Supervised Tutoring section. This is a noncredit course, free to students registered at Evergreen Valley College.
Students who are interested in becoming tutors should be enrolled at the college in at least six units, have a grade of “B” or higher in the course that they want to tutor as well as a cumulative GPA of 3.0, successfully complete the Individualized Tutor Training Course (II 90) during their first semester of hire, have strong communication skills, and be recommended by an EVC instructor.
- The Campus Tutoring Center is located in the Library/Technology Building in Room LE-237. Spring and Fall semester hours are Mondays-Thursdays from 9am-5pm and Fridays from 9am-1pm. For more information please call (408) 274-7900 ext. 6802, or visit our website at https://www.evc.edu/support-resources/campus-tutoring-center.
- The Math and Science Resource Center is located in the Math MS3 Building in Room SA-112. Spring and Fall semester hours are Mondays-Thursdays from 9am-6pm and Fridays from 9am-1pm. For more information please phone (408) 274-7900, ext. 6883, or visit online at https://www.evc.edu/support-resources/campus-tutoring-center.
- The Biology Lab is located in S-219 in the Sequoia building. Spring and Fall semester hours vary depending on tutor availability. For more information, please email the Academic Skills and Tutoring Instructor at William.Nguyen@evc.edu
- NetTutor Online Tutoring, 24 hours a day/7 days a week (all subjects + Paper Drop-Off)
- When EVC tutoring is closed, or a tutor is unavailable for a subject, EVC students can access NetTutor by logging into the Canvas course they need tutoring for.
- Click on Pisces/NetTutor Online Tutoring on the Canvas left hand navigation.
- Click on NetTutor to see all the subjects tutored.
- Then click on the subject you need help with to see the drop-in schedule for that subject.
- Please also note the Writing and Paper Center (Drop Off Papers Here) option located at the bottom of the Subjects page if you wish to drop off a paper for feedback.
- Watch the brief NetTutor YouTube link (click on CC for captions): https://youtu.be/VlrPU34FzuY