Building Information Modeling (BIM) - Certificate of Achievement
The BIM Program will offer students the opportunity to develop the skills necessary to be BIM Specialists and consultants in the construction industry in both the public and private sectors. This program will acquaint students with the various BIM software and technologies that are being used throughout the construction industry. Certificates will be awarded to those who complete all of the units with a ‘C’ or better.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate their ability to use various types of BIM software (i.e. Revit, Navisworks).
- Execute project delivery and coordination of construction projects.
- Utilize communication and workflow to complete projects efficiently.
- Identify conflict detection in building designs through 3-D visualization techniques.
- Demonstrate the ability to reduce construction costs and eliminate fabrication waste.
- Work collaboratively with construction teams and subcontractors.
- Identify the crucial factors impacting the construction/ building industry in the 21st century.
- Compare and contrast the workflow changes of the 20th and 21st century construction industry.
|BIM 120||Construction, Means, Methods, and Materials||3|
|BIM 121||Virtual Design and Construction Workflow||3|
|BIM 122||Managing Construction Coordination Meetings||3|
|BIM 123||Fundamentals of Revit||3|
|BIM 124||Advanced Revit||3|
|BIM 125||Planning and Managing Construction Projects With 4D CAD||3|
|BIM 138||BIM Work Experience||3|
|CIT 010||Computer and Information Technology||3|