Before Classes Begin
Students may change their class schedule via MyWeb, or in person at Admissions and Records, prior to the start of the semester if:
- The regular semester has not started.
- The class has seats available.
- And the class has no waiting list.
After Classes Begin
Students may add a class during the first two weeks of the semester. To petition a class you must:
- Go to the class as soon as possible.
- Ask the instructor if you can add the class.
- Obtain Add Authorization from instructor.
- Process Add Authorization by going online to https://myweb.sjeccd.edu.
- Verify your class was added by going online to https://myweb.sjeccd.edu.
- If you experience problems with your Add Authorization, contact Admission and Records Office immediately.
* No late adds for semester classes will be accepted after the second week of the semester. If extenuating circumstances exists, students are encouraged to obtain a LATE ADD PETITION from the Office of Admissions and Records or Academic Division Office
You have until the third Sunday of the month in September at 10:00 PM to add a regular 16 week course by web using the Add Authorization; after that, the Add Authorization is no longer valid. Please refer to the official academic calendar located at https://www.evc.edu/current-students/academic-calendar.
Students cannot be added to a course if:
- They do not meet the prerequisite
- They have already completed the course, unless it is repeatable
- They have a time conflict. For more information see Class Conflicts under Attendance
- They do not have a current application on file
- They have a hold for academic standing or fees owed
- They do not have high school approval form (R-40)
- They are already enrolled in 18 units
- The third Sunday of the month in September and 10:00 PM has elapsed for regular 16 week courses only
What if I have trouble registering?
If you’re having trouble registering for one of the reasons above, contact the Office of Admissions and Records at (408) 270-6441. If you are having problem accessing MyWeb, or are having problems with your password, contact MyWeb Technical Support Center at (408) 270-6411.