Before Classes Begin
Students may change their class schedule Online, prior to the start of the semester if:
- The regular semester has not started.
- And the class has no waiting list.
- The class has seats available.
After Classes Begin
Students may add a class during the first two weeks of the semester. To add a class you must:
- Go to the class as soon as possible.
- Ask the instructor if you can add the class.
- Obtain Add Authorization from instructor.
- Register for the course, in which the Add Authorization was completed for through: Self-Service
- Verify your class was added through: Self-Service
- If you experience problems with registering for the class (after the Add Authorization was processed) contact Admission and Records immediately.
- No late adds for semester classes will be accepted after the second week of the semester. If extenuating circumstances exist, students are encouraged to obtain a LATE ADD PETITION from the Office of Admissions and Records or the Academic Dean for that area.
- You have until the day before the Census Day at 10:00 PM to add a course online by following the Add Authorization process. Please refer to the official academic calendar located athttps://www.evc.edu/attend-evc/academic-calendar-deadlines.
Students cannot be added to a course if:
- They do not meet the prerequisite
- They have already completed the course, unless it is repeatable
- They have a time conflict. For more information see Class Conflicts under Attendance
- They do not have a current application on file
- They have a hold for academic standing or fees owed
- They do not have Special Admit high school/middle school approval
- They are already enrolled in 18 units (Fall and Spring)
- You have until the day before the Census Day at 10:00 PM to add a course online
What if I have trouble registering?
If you’re having trouble registering for one of the reasons above, contact the Office of Admissions and Records. If you are having problems accessing the Online portal, or are having problems with your password, contact ITSS-Help Desk or at (408) 270-6411.