Studio Arts - Associate in Arts for Transfer
The Associate in Arts in Studio Arts for Transfer degree is designed to prepare students to seamlessly transfer into the California State University (CSU) system and complete a baccalaureate degree in Studio Arts or similar field of study. Course offerings expose students to a broad range of materials and techniques designed to build diverse technical skills, to nurture innovative and personally driven ideas, and promote professionalism in art and design solutions. The Associate in Arts in Studio Arts for Transfer degree provides a sound foundation for students seeking careers in Fine Arts, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Interior Design, Digital Media, Animation, Illustration, and Art Education, among others.
To be awarded the Associate Degree for Transfer, students must have the following:
- Completion of 60 CSU transferable semester units.
- A minimum of at least 2.0 GPA in CSU transferable courses (note that a higher GPA may be required in some institutions).
- Completion of at least 18 semester units in the major with a grade of “C” or better. A “P” (Pass) grade is also an acceptable grade for courses in the major if the course is taken on a Pass/No Pass basis.
- Certified completion of the CSU General Education-Breadth (CSU GE-Breadth) requirements, or completion of the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) for CSU requirements.
Please Note: No more than 60 semester units are required for this degree and no additional requirements will be imposed by Evergreen Valley College.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Display competence in the use of tools, materials, techniques, and concepts by completing a portfolio of original art and design projects.
- Demonstrate, through the analysis of aesthetic and cultural values, an understanding of the contribution of art and design to human experience.
- Evaluate works of art and design through critical discussion and written assignments
|ART 012||Two Dimensional Design||3|
|ART 013||Three Dimensional Design||3|
|ART 024||Beginning Drawing||3|
|ART 092||Survey of Art History: Renaissance to the Present||3|
|List A: Select one course (3 units) from the following:||3|
|Survey of Art History: Prehistoric Through Gothic|
|History of Asian Art|
|List B: Select from 3 Curricular Areas (9 units)||9|
Curricular Area: Drawing
|Life Drawing I|
Curricular Area: Painting
Curricular Area: Sculpture
|Beginning Sculpture I|
Curricular Area: Digital Art
|Graphic Design I|
Curricular Area: Photography
Curricular Area: Applied Design
|Introduction to Metalsmithing|
Curricular Area: Second Semester
|CSU GE-Breadth or IGETC for CSU 1||37-39|
|Transferable Electives (as needed to reach 60 units)|
Some GE courses may be double-counted within the major and will reduce the number of units. General electives may be needed to reach 60 units. Please consult with a counselor to determine which courses are applicable.