Music - Associate in Arts for Transfer
The Associate in Arts in Music for Transfer degree is designed to prepare students to seamlessly transfer into the California State University (CSU) system and complete a baccalaureate degree in Music. A baccalaureate degree in Music cultivates strong performing, writing, analytical, and creative skills. It provides a sound foundation for students seeking careers in performance, arranging, church music, electronic, and film music composition/performing, and teaching. This degree is designed for students interested in a career in music and looking to transferring to obtain a Bachelors of Arts in Music.
The associate degree for transfer will be granted to students who have the following:
- Completion of 60 CSU transferable semester units.
- A minimum of at least 2.0 GPA in CSU transferable courses (note that a higher GPA may be required in some institutions).
- Completion of at least 18 units in the major with a grade of “C” or better. A “P” (Pass) grade is also an acceptable grade for courses in the major if the course is taken on a Pass/No Pass basis.
- Certified completion of the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) for CSU requirements.
Please Note: No more than 60 semester units are required for this degree and no additional requirements will be imposed by Evergreen Valley College.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Analyze and compose harmonic and melodic examples in various styles including 20th century.
- Evaluate and critique musicality, technique, and style in musicians in rehearsal and performance.
- Perform on a designated instrument/voice integrating musical and technical, abilities, creative interpretation and performance practice.
|MUSIC 099||Introductory Music||3|
|Music Theory I|
|MUSIC 010C||Music Theory III||3|
|MUSIC 010B||Music Theory II||3|
|MUSIC 010D||Music Theory IV||3|
|MUSIC 011B||Musicianship II||1|
|MUSIC 011C||Musicianship III||1|
|MUSIC 011D||Musicianship IV||1|
|Applied Music: Select four 0.5 unit courses for a total of 2 units|
|MUSIC 190||Applied Music: Strings, Winds, Brass, Percussion, Piano, Voice||2|
|Large Ensemble: Select four 1.0 unit courses for a total of 4 units|
|IGETC for CSU||37|
|Transferable Electives (as needed to reach 60 units)|