The International Student Program (ISP) at EVC actively welcomes international students to campus and encourages them to become part of the EVC community!
As part of the program, ISP links EVC international students with both on and off campus resources to ensure that students have a positive academic experience and transition to life in the United States. ISP staff members include: International Academic Counselor, Program Coordinator and Program Specialist. These individuals are committed to supporting the success of EVC ISP students.
Foreign students applicants, current international students wishing to transfer to EVC from other U.S. colleges, or others individuals interested in ISP should contact the program at firstname.lastname@example.org. Zoom consultations might be arranged by a request. International Student Program Office (ISP) is located in Student Center building Room SC-214B.
ISP Application Period
The spring semester applications are due no later than December 1st (however; the out-of-the U.S. applicants who would need to obtain the F-1 student visa, are encouraged to apply no later than November 1st).
The fall semester applications are due no later than July 31st (however; the out-of-the U.S. applicants who would need to obtain the F-1 student visa, encouraged to apply to later than June 30th).
We encourage all inquiries and try to accomodate specific requests within a reason.
ISP Application Information
A complete guide to the International Student Program Application materials is available online, on the EVC ISP webpage.
We encourage the paperless application. Please get all your original documents scanned into pdf files neatly and attach them to the program email: email@example.com unless instructed otherwise.
ISP Application Documents
- International Student Program (ISP) application
- EVC College Application - PDF fillable form
- Unofficial Transcripts from high school and colleges attended before EVC
- English Proficiency* Test Score (Test reports might be sent directly to EVC by a testing agency. School code:4273):
- TOEFL iBT: internet based exam: 61+
- IELTS: 6.0 +
- iTEP Academic: 3.7 +
- Cambridge English: Level B2: First (FCE) or Advanced (CPE): 175 +
- PTE (Pearson Test of English): 42 +
- DUOLINGO English test: 90+
* If the applicant has completed degree applicable courses in English with a grade of “C” or better (at an accredited U.S. college/university), the English Proficiency requirement may be waived.
English Proficiency exemption applies to the native English speakers’ applicants from the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and Canada (except Quebec) where English is both the only official language of the country and the language of instruction.
- Original bank verification (signed by a certifying official) with a minimum balance of $22,000 (U.S. currency) from parent/sponsor dated within 6 months of application date.
- Letter of Financial support /Affidavit of Support Form from parent/sponsor.
- Copy of passport's biographical info page.
The applicants who enrolled at another school in the U.S. and wish to transfer to EVC, must also provide:
- Copy of passport’s visa page or the form I-797 that indicates when F-1 visa was approved.
- I-94 form.
- Copy of the current form I-20.
- SEVIS TRANSFER Form - please complete and sign the part A.
ISP Students’ Fees
The class registration fees for the ISP students, F-1 visa holders consists of:
- Non-Resident Student Tuition: $358 per unit
- California Resident Tuition: $46 per unit
- Capital Outlay Fee: $1 per unit
Note: Fees shown are in effect at the time of publishing and are subject to change without notice.
ISP Students Payment Policy
School tuition can be paid:
- by credit card, online, via Self Service students account (at https://sso.sjeccd.edu/)
- by wire transfer (for more information please contact ISP @ firstname.lastname@example.org)
- by cash or check at EVC Admissions & Records department
Students who fail to pay tuition before Census day (within first 13 days of the beginning of semester) may be dropped from their EVC courses, resulting in immediate notification to the USCIS/SEVIS and the ISP program termination and visa cancellation.
ISP Medical Insurance Policy
Each international student is required to purchase a medical insurance policy provided by EVC. The cost of coverage is included with spring and fall school tuition.
The medical insurance is provided through a third-party company. Please contact ISP at email@example.com for more information.
ISP School Attendance and Enrollment Policy
Per federal government regulations, all ISP international students must enroll and complete at least 12 units each Fall and Spring semester, with an average grade of “C” or better.
The ISP student is not allowed to drop classes below 12 units, BEFORE he/she gets a written authorization from the ISP counselor. The failure to do so might result in the ISP enrollment termination and visa cancellation.
All 12 units must be taken at Evergreen Valley College, unless student has prior written authorization from the ISP Academic Counselor.
ISP students must inform the program personnel within 15 days whenever he/she:
- moves and changes address or phone
- changes name in the school system
- changes an email address in the school system
- changes his major of study at EVC
- wishes to travel outside the continental U.S.
Each IPS student is responsible for upholding the regulations dictated by federal law. Please check Students and Exchange Student Visitor Program (SEVP) information at www.ice.gov for the latest updates. Violations of the program guidelines may jeopardize the student’s legal status in the U.S. and result in visa cancellation.