International Programs and Services
Evergreen Valley College actively welcomes international students on our campus and encourages all international students to become part of our community! As part of our program offerings, we link our international students with both on and off campus resources to ensure that they have a positive academic experience and transition to life in the United States. Our program has several staff members including International Counselor, Coordinator, Program Specialist, and Program Director to work with our students to make sure that they have access to the resources they need to be successful. International student applicants, and current international students wishing to transfer to EVC from other U.S. colleges, or others interested in international student information, should email email@example.com or go to the International Student Program Office (ISP) located in SC-214B.
A complete guide to the International Student Application materials is available online on the International Programs and Services webpage: https://www.evc.edu/future-students/admissions-and-records/international-students.
The spring semester application is due no later than December 1. Fall semester applications are due no later than June 30.
Applications must include:
List of Application Documents
- International Student Program (ISP) application
- EVC College Application - PDF fillable form Note: all requested information must be filled out completely and a U.S. address must be provided for SEVIS as required by USCIS. Please complete and e-mail it with the rest of your documents
- Two colored photos (passport type)
- Official Transcripts from your high school/colleges
- English Proficiency (Test reports might be sent directly by testing agency. School code:4273):
- TOEFL iBT: Minimum score based on test type: 500 - paper based exam; 173 - computer based exam; 61 - internet based exam
- IELTS: 6.0 +
- iTEP Academic: 3.7 +
- Cambridge English:Level B2: First (FCE) or Advanced (CPE): 175 +
- PTE(Pearson Test of English): 42 +
* If applicant has completed degree applicable courses in English with a grade of “C” or better (at an accredited U.S. college/university), the English Proficiency requirement may be waived
6. Original bank verification (signed by certifying official) with a minimum balance of $22,000 (U.S. currency) from parent/sponsor dated within 6 months of application date
7. Letter of Financial support /Affidavit of Support Form from parents or a sponsor
8. Copy of passport's biographical info page
Transfer In students should ALSO submit:
9. A copy of your current visa.
10. I-94 card or form.
11. Copy of your Form I-20. 12. Transcripts from your school. 13. SEVIS TRANSFER Form from your current school (may be provided upon acceptance).
International students who plan to transfer to Evergreen Valley College should contact the International Programs and Services Office regarding additional documentation that may be required. Please see the International Students Program web page for complete application guidelines or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
California residents are charged $46 per unit. In addition to the $46 per unit registration fee paid by regular students, non-resident students and International Students are required to pay $288 per unit in tuition and a Capital Outlay fee of $2 per unit. Note: Fees shown are those in effect at the time of publishing and are subject to change without notice. Payment can be made by cash, credit card, money order or check. Students who fail to pay tuition within 14 days of the start of the semester will not be allowed to register and may be dropped from their courses, resulting in immediate notification to the USCIS/SEVIS.
Each international student is required to carry a health insurance policy provided by EVC. EVC provides health insurance through a third party provider, please see the International Program Office for more information.
An international student must complete 12 units each Fall and Spring semester, with an average grade of “C” or better. All 12 units must be taken at Evergreen Valley College, unless you have prior approval from the International Student Counselor or Dean of Enrollment Services.
International students must inform the International Student Office located in SC-214B, whenever he/she: moves, changes name, drops below 12 units, wishes to travel outside the continental U.S., or otherwise fails to uphold the regulations dictated by law. Failure to do so may jeopardize the student’s visa status in the United States
International students must be familiar with and adhere to immigration regulations, and EVC student contract and enrollment. The International Student Program Office is located in SC-214B. The office hours are Monday – Thursday 8:30-5:00 and Friday 8:30-3:00.