Paralegal Studies - Certificate of Achievement
The paralegal profession is one of the fastest growing job fields in the nation. Paralegals hold increasingly important and high paying positions at large and small law firms, corporate legal departments, government agencies, banks, real estate and insurance companies, nonprofit organizations, and Silicon Valley startups. Evergreen Valley College’s Paralegal Studies Program prepares graduates to work as a “paralegal” or “legal assistant” under California law (Business and Professions Code Section 6450). The Paralegal Studies Certificate requires students to complete 24 units of classes, preparing graduates for employment as paralegals or legal assistants.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate a proficient knowledge of the various areas of law and their importance.
- Describe the legal profession's basic ethical guidelines and apply them in hypothetical situations.
- Demonstrate effective legal research skills by selecting and utilizing appropriate sources of law.
- Prepare legal research memoranda and other documents commonly used by attorneys.
- Use legal terminology capably in an appropriate context.
|LA 010||Introduction to Law, Legal Research, the Constitution, and Ethics||3|
|LA 071||Legal Research||3|
|LA 072||Advanced Legal Analysis & Writing||3|
|Select 15 units of Legal Specialty Courses||15|
|Overview of Contracts, Property, and Tort Law|
|California Courts and Litigation Practice|
|Tort and Personal Injury Law|
|Real Estate and Property Law|
|Corporate and Partnership Law|
|Intellectual Property Law|